Once you know that a camp hires qualified, caring staff, it’s good to get more detailed information about how counselors are trained once they’re hired.
One effective way to learn more is to ask the camp director what’s included in their counselor training. Of course, counselors should be trained to facilitate camp activities. But it’s also important to know that your child’s counselor will have ideas for helping develop social skills and independence. A truly great counselor is a role model and example for campers of leadership skills, character, and maturity.
- How do you train counselors in understanding children’s developmental needs?
- How do you train counselors to manage challenging behaviors?
- How are counselors trained to manage a group?
- How do you develop your counselors’ leadership skills?
- How will your counselors help my child to be more independent at camp?
- Why are your counselors great role models for their campers?
When you have affirmative, positive answers to these questions, you know you’ve found a camp where your child can grow at thrive.
Leadership Academy believes in hiring only the most qualified, caring staff for our youth and teen programs.To talk to our team about our counselor screening and training, or if you would like to join our dedicated staff, call us at 615-856-4772, or send us an email at email@example.com.