LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!
We believe that every child needs time outdoors in nature to play in an imaginative way. This kind of play increases creativity, confidence, social intelligence, and grit. Our staff facilitates outdoor play while focusing on safety and building friendships.
Camp Twigs at Leadership Academy loves connecting children with nature! Every day at Camp is filled with imaginative play, splashing in the creek, meeting local wildlife, and more! Camp Twigs is a place where your child’s creativity and imagination can run wild!
We take time for children to play together in collaborative and imaginative ways. The camp day is unstructured and unscheduled by design. This allows the caring staff to take time for the children to play to get to know each other, learn to talk and listen to others, to have child-directed activities, and to play as long as the children are engaged.
BENEFITS FOR THE CHILDREN, FAMILIES, AND THE COMMUNITY:
- Teach children about nature and provide opportunities for play
- Help kids get unplugged and away from the digital world and get them into the natural world
- Deepen emotional bonds that people feel towards nature and the parks
- Engaging children and families to develop an affinity for the parks and inspire involvement and conservation
- Arm children with words and self-control to handle conflict situations rather than resorting to anger, violence and meltdowns
ABOUT LEADERSHIP ACADEMY NATURE DAY CAMPS:
- Founded in 2013
- Emphasizes environmental education, nature activity, and connects children to natural settings
- Conservation education at camp significantly increases children’s eco-affinity, knowledge and conservation attitude
- Play and unstructured time outdoors is shown to increase creativity and problem solving skills
- Increased outdoor play helps to decrease childhood obesity and other issues like ADD, ADHD and learning delays
Take a moment to see what we are about
We believe that outdoor play increases creativity, confidence, social intelligence and grit. Every child needs time outdoors to play in an imaginative way and connect with nature and friends.
Camp Twigs is a summer enrichment program that helps to bridge the summer learning gap by engaging children in outdoor play and informal environmental education to raise awareness, foster respect and share enthusiasm for the natural environment.
About the Program:
Staff will engage children in outdoor play and informal environmental education to raise awareness, foster respect and share enthusiasm for the natural environment. Campers will be grouped by age and paired with a camp counselor to guide them through camp activities and nature education.
• Enjoy exciting visits from our partner programs
• Discover aquatic habitats in local creeks and lakes
• Hike the trails and Geocaching, map and compass programs
• Teambuilding activities
• Traditional camp activities including Crafts, Games, Songs, Skits/Drama