LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!
We believe that every child needs time outdoors in nature to play in an imaginative way. This kind of play increases creativity, confidence, social intelligence, and grit. Our staff facilitates outdoor play while focusing on safety and building friendships.
Camp Twigs at Leadership Academy loves connecting children with nature! Every day at Camp is filled with imaginative play, splashing in the creek, meeting local wildlife, and more! Camp Twigs is a place where your child’s creativity and imagination can run wild!
We take time for children to play together in collaborative and imaginative ways. The camp day is unstructured and unscheduled by design. This allows the caring staff to take time for the children to play to get to know each other, learn to talk and listen to others, to have child-directed activities, and to play as long as the children are engaged.
BENEFITS FOR THE CHILDREN, FAMILIES, AND THE COMMUNITY:
- Teach children about nature and provide opportunities for play
- Help kids get unplugged and away from the digital world and get them into the natural world
- Deepen emotional bonds that people feel towards nature and the parks
- Engaging children and families to develop an affinity for the parks and inspire involvement and conservation
- Arm children with words and self-control to handle conflict situations rather than resorting to anger, violence and meltdowns