How it works
- June 12-16, 2023
- June 19-23, 2023
- June 26-30, 2023
- July 10-14, 2023
- July 17-21, 2023
- July 24-28, 2023
The Leaders-in-Training program provides the foundation of skill development for young leaders with a focus on:
- Public speaking
- Understanding group dynamics
In addition, Leaders-in-Training will work to :
- Increase their sailing skill and
- Learn motorboat safety to prepare for the TWRA Boater’s Safety license
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm
Extended care is available from 7:45 am-5:15 pm for an additional $65/week
Participation is limited to 6 campers each week. Candidates must have completed at least one session as a camper before enrolling in Leaders-in-Training.
After completing the Leaders-In-Training program, Teen Leaders can apply for Counselors-In-Training (CIT) program. Counselors-In-Training are supervised by the head counselor and partnered with a counselor mentor, but Counselors-In-Training are never responsible for supervising campers on their own.
Counselors-In-Training put their leadership skills into practice by:
- Leading games and activities with the kids.
- Helping with daily setup and clean up of camp.
- Learning about the role and responsibilities of a camp counselor by shadowing a camp counselor.
- Completing daily leadership workshops to focus on their development and ensure they have the support and tools needed to be successful.
Counselors in Training must attend a training week June 5-9, 9:00-4:00. After this week, they may return as many weeks as they wish. CIT weeks must be scheduled in advance with the camp director.
- $485 for the training week
Counselors in Training is offered every week of the season after the training week. To apply or for more information contact us.