How it works
- June 12-16, 2023
- June 19-23, 2023
- June 26-30, 2023
- July 10-14, 2023
- July 17-21, 2023
- July 24-28, 2023
The Leaders-in-Training program provides the foundation of skill development for young leaders with a focus on:
- Public speaking
- Understanding group dynamics
- Increase their sailing skill
- Learn motorboat safety to prepare for the TWRA Boater’s Safety license
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm
Extended care is available from 7:45 am-5:15 pm for an additional $65/week
Participation is limited to 6 campers each week. Candidates must have completed at least one session as a camper before enrolling in Leaders-in-Training.
After completing the Leaders-In-Training program, Teen Leaders can apply for the Counselors-In-Training (CIT) program. Counselors-In-Training are supervised by the head counselor and partnered with a counselor mentor, but Counselors-In-Training are never responsible for supervising campers on their own.
Counselors-In-Training put their leadership skills into practice by:
- Leading games and activities with the kids.
- Helping with daily setup and clean up of camp.
- Learning about the role and responsibilities of a camp counselor by shadowing a camp counselor.
- Completing daily leadership workshops to focus on their development and ensure they have the support and tools needed to be successful.
Counselors in Training must attend a training week. After this week, they may return as many weeks as they wish. CIT weeks must be scheduled in advance with the camp director.
- This is an unpaid summer internship, participation is free for CITs, however, a $485 donation is encouraged to cover the cost for the training.
Counselors in Training is offered every week of the season after the training week. For more information, feel free to contact us.