How it works
The Leaders-in-Training program provides the foundation of skill development for young leaders with a focus on:
- Public speaking
- Understanding group dynamics
In addition, Leaders-in-Training will work to :
- Increase their sailing skill and
- Learn motorboat safety to prepare for the TWRA Boater’s Safety license
Leaders-in-Training is available:
- June 6-10
- June 13-17
- July 11-15
- July 18-22
Extended care is available from 7:45am-5:15 pm for an additional $50/week
Participation is limited to 6 campers each week. Candidates must have completed at least one session as a camper prior to enrolling in Leaders-in-Training.
After completing the Leaders-In-Training program, Teen Leaders can apply for Counselors-In-Training (CIT) program. Counselors-In-Training are supervised by the head counselor and partnered with a counselor mentor, but Counselors-In-Training are never responsible for supervising campers on their own.
Counselors-In-Training put their leadership skills into practice by:
- Leading games and activities with the kids.
- Helping with daily setup and clean up of camp.
- Learning about the role and responsibilities of a camp counselor by shadowing a camp counselor.
- Completing daily leadership workshops to focus on their development and ensure they have the support and tools needed to be successful.
Counselors in Training are volunteers, but considered staff for the week they are volunteering. They must attend an 8-hour training session in May, dates TBA. Click here to apply!
- One time $200 training fee for the summer
Counselors in Training is offered every week of the season. They must have completed at least one session of Sail Camp and one session of Leaders-In-Training. To apply or for more information contact us.