At Leadership Academy, we strive to protect our planet and the natural world by “leaving it better” than we found it. This is one of our core beliefs that has been built into all of our camp programs. We have had great success with practicing “leave no trace” principles whilst at camp in the summer. Now, we have decided it is time to take action all year long. With this in mind, we have created our “Leadership Academy Grounds Keepers” campaign. Inspired by Granite Gear, we aim to inspire our campers and their families to take on the challenge of “leaving it better”.
To do this, we are challenging our Grounds Keeper volunteers to:
- Commit to visiting at least one nature park, trail, lake, river or waterway a month.
- A 100% promise to “leave it better” and pick up & pack out trash whenever possible on your adventures.
- Be a storyteller through imagery or video to be used on social media.
- Lead by example and inspire others to follow you and join the mission
To help them along their way, we will provide:
- A hydration day pack
- A garbage-picking tool
- A reusable garbage collecting bag
- A Grounds Keeper t-shirt and badge
To read more about our campaign please see our blogpost